Show Hope for Orphans

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Numbering Days

These past few days I have been pondering Psalm 90:12. I am not sure exactly why that verse keeps coming to mind, but I am starting to wonder if maybe I need to learn the truth in it and put the words into practice....
Teach us to number our days aright,
that we may gain a heart of wisdom.
I know I am not "over the hill" yet (I am not even sure what the official "over the hill" age is). Maybe as one ages in years, one starts to wonder how much of a difference your teeny tiny life is making in this great big CRAZY world. This past year it has been made more clear to me then ever before that life is a vapor and truly we have no promise of tomorrow here on earth. Am I going to let this thought cause anxiety in me, or am I going to go out there and live each day by God's grace .... doing what He wants?
If I am honest, I spend WAY too much of my brain power ( which might be fading due to too many blonde highlighting sessions) on things that don't really matter. I want to be wiser like this verse says. Wiser with my words, my thoughts, how I express myself to others and the list goes on.
I love these words from the Mandisa song "Waiting for Tomorrow"
I can't live my whole life wasting
All the grace that I know you've given
Cause you made me for so much more than
sitting on the sidelines.
The sideline is definitely not a place that I want to be. It seems inviting to think about just chillin out and definitely not as much "work". Some days being obedient is just a drag; especially when I try to get it all done in my strength. However, when I recall all that I have been given FREELY, that is when I can find the energy to go out and do what has been asked of me. And really, what has been asked of me is nothing, absolutely nothing....

3 comments:

Lisa Lyons said...

Thanks for your post - and that you linked it from your FB page.

I am a Mandisa fan, too. Have been Running with her (listening to her while I'm running), enjoying her energy. Her perspective helps my focus.

The Spear Clan said...

I just went running with her on my ipod this weekend and she is Awesome. Great and hope inspiring lyrics!

The Spear Clan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.