Show Hope for Orphans

Friday, May 13, 2011

What kind of a person are YOU?

I was at a friend's memorial service recently. Always a sobering experience and I like to try to take away something from the eulogy of a Godly woman that I can hopefully try to learn from.

The pastor stated that there are two kinds of people in this world. One person walks into a room and says in her head (hopefully not out loud) "Here I am". The other gal walks into a room and says "Oh, there YOU are". Sounds pretty simple.....

I want to be a "Oh there YOU are" kind of a person. This means when my day stinks, when I am rejoicing, when I feel "antisocial", when I want someone to listen to my complaint, when I feel awesome...... it's not about me. So often if I am honest, life is about what is bugging me. Wow, that kind of hurt to say that. I guess I have some work to do (or should I say God has His work cut out for Him). I think He can probably handle it.

What kind of a person are you????

1 comment:

Thorness Times said...

Well said sis!