Show Hope for Orphans

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Hot Springs Hike

Crossing the bridge over the Lochsaw river in Idaho. Today we hiked up to some hot springs. Kiersten was on a youth group day trip so she wasn't with us. The day started out a bit rainy but turned into sunshine. This woodpecker was a busy guy!



Love these little faces!


Maddie and I above the Warm Springs River... all the rivers around here are super high this year due to all the rain we have had.


Malea would have stayed here all day.....




Made it to the springs. Once we got up there we realized that clothing was "optional" for a couple of our fellow soakers. Trying to divert the girls attention without being too obvious is not that easy. I think hiking guide books need to add a section that warns unknowing people, like ourselves, of these rather important details!! Note that there are no pictures of me in the pools, are they sanitary, especially when there are naked people in them???? Ewwwww.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

ABBY! I would have loved to be there to see your reaction! I can imagine that your reaction was priceless! But, I would have stayed right on dry ground with you!!!

Thorness Times said...

Well put, I agree with you and Rachel. Too many germs! Looks like fun though.